With the rising number of child obesity, it is now more important than ever to get your kids out of the house. Many parents struggle to get their kids away from the televisions and Xboxes, so by introducing them to something like sports can help a great deal with it comes to making them healthier. There are many different sports out their which will be great for a variety of people, not one sport is suited for everyone, that is why it’s important to try a variety of sports and choose one you love. Perhaps football is something you’re interested in? Or maybe, it’s boxing, rugby, tennis, netball or even shooting. Not only is playing a sport great for people who want to be healthier and fitter but it is also great for developing new social skills and building relationships. So what isn’t there to love?
- Football – if you’re interested in playing football then it is beneficial to know why it is such a great sport to play. Football is great for making new friends, because it’s all about working together and in a team, not only this but because you’re constantly running around the field, it is a great cardio work-out and can burn a lot of calories, great for people who want to lose weight!
- Boxing – boxing is great for building strength and toning up, many celebrities turn to boxing to help them get fit. However, many people mistake the sport as a ‘boy’s sports’ but this isn’t the case with there being many females loving and enjoying boxing all over the globe.
- Tennis – tennis has been a popular sport for many years, with there being numerous health benefits, for example, an improvement in aerobic health and it being great for burning calories and fat. Tennis requires you to use a lot of energy with running around and swinging to hit the ball, consequently enhancing your coordination skills and balance.
- Netball – netball is all about working with your team mates, this is great for building relationships with your fellow team members and improving your social skills. In addition to this netball is great for hand-eye coordination and requires a lot of running around and jumping, therefore is a great sport if you want to burn them extra calories whilst being with your friends.
- Rugby – rugby is a sport which has been around for years, it is a sport which is great for building strength and giving you a good cardio workout with the running and the tackling. Often people who play rugby agree that the sport reduces stress and actually increase self-confidence, being a part of such a team sport can help you make friends and most importantly help people grow.
- Shooting – there are many different types of shooting you can do, ranging from hunting, clay pigeon shooting or simply playing games with airsoft guns and BB guns. Shooting has been around for decades and is actually a really fun sport to be a part of with many shooting communities holding competitions and events. Shooting is great for building strength and hand-eye coordination, not only does it require a lot of patience but also helps build discipline. If this is something you would like to be a part of, then consider looking on the internet for the best prices of airsoft guns and any other type of gun you would like to purchase.